The Chrysalis Case Manager will work directly with formerly incarcerated individuals released from any of the treatment facilities operated by the Bexar County Community Supervision and Corrections Department (Adult Probation), at Chrysalis Ministries Family Renewal Center (FRC), or other locations as designated. The Case Manager may also be required to teach classes or provide other services in the Bexar County Adult Detention Center or in facilities operated by the Bexar County Community Supervision and Corrections Department or in other facilities as designated.
1. Meet with and administer the “Client Assessment” to all clients released from detention centers, to assess their needs, develop a personalized plan of action,
and provide assistance in locating resources or services (i.e. obtaining housing, food, clothing, utilities, shelter, transportation, or any other service or resource required).
2. Facilitates required classes in the Family Renewal Center and other community-based locations as needed.
3. Administers the “Employee Profile Assessment” to all clients that attend the Job Readiness class, to include assistance with resumes, obtaining appropriate
work attire, providing job leads and referrals.
4. Makes facility visits as needed, or corresponds by mail with inmates in the detention centers, as requested by the Chrysalis Program Director or the Chief
Executive Officer for the purpose of working with individuals and/or family members to develop discharge and reentry plans.
5. Completes client intake form and other required documentation on each client visit.
6. Documents all contacts with the FRC clients in either a file folder (chronological entries) or in the Client Management System with the
outcome of each contact described.
7. Submit a monthly written report to the Program Director and the Chief Executive Officer concerning the number of clients seen each month, the type
of assistance provided, and important outcomes for the purpose of outcome tracking and grant reporting. Pertinent and interesting anecdotal information should be tracked with written testimonials.
8. Conducts individual assessments with clients for the purpose of making referrals for job leads, or to programs both within Chrysalis and outside of Chrysalis.
9. Participates in and assists with special events (i.e. volunteer banquets, children’s holiday parties, fundraisers etc.) as requested by the Program
Coordinator or the Chief Executive Officer.
10. Along with the Program Director or the Chief Executive Officer, coordinates with other agencies, churches and governmental entities in developing new
programs or expanding existing programs for ex-offenders.
11. Assist in training volunteers, interns, or community service workers assigned to the position by the Program Director, and the Chief Executive Officer.
12. Attend meetings or make presentations in the community as requested by the Program Director, or Chief Executive Officer
13. Collaborate as requested with the Program Director or Chief Executive Officer in the development and implementation of new programs, projects, or grants.
14. Maintains compliance with all Chrysalis Policies and Procedures, as well as institutional regulations of assigned work sites.
15. Assist Program Director, or Chief Executive Officer, with other duties as assigned.
II. Minimum Job Requirements:
a. A Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Psychology, Theology, Philosophy, Criminal Justice, or a related field, from an accredited college, or an Associates degree with
at least 2 years experience in client case management, or a high school diploma, or equivalent, and at least 3 years in client case management.
III. Knowledge and Skills:
a. Experience and desire to work as part of a team.
b. Communication skills, both oral and written.
c. Flexibility in work hours, programs and services.
d. Ability and desire to work with clergy, staff and volunteers of varying faith
e. Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel.
f. Ability and stamina to work with inmates/residents/clients with varying physical,
mental or emotional dysfunctions.
g. Ability to facilitate group process.
h. Ability to establish priorities and work independently.
i. Ability to handle and resolve problems and conflicts and work under stressful
j. Willingness to adopt and conform to Chrysalis Core Values: