Facilitates classroom instruction in assigned courses including, but not limited to:
- Character Development
- Managing My Life
- Healthy Relationships
- Money Management
- Beyond Violence
- 12 Step Substance Abuse
- Transition Skills
- Chemical Addiction
- Anger Management
- Theft Addiction
- Job Readiness
- Seeking Safety
Courses are to be taught to the formerly incarcerated and at-risk members of the community at the Family Renewal Center (or other locations as assigned) and the incarcerated at the following facilities:
- Bexar County Adult Detention Center:
- SATF I
- SATF II
- And in community-based programs, as requested.
- Completion of any required certifications (timelines for certifications agreed to by the Program Director).
- Provides agreed-to instruction following prescribed tools and methods.
- Starts and ends classes on time.
- Provides pre- and post-tests to measure knowledge gained.
- Processes appropriate paperwork in a timely manner.
- Attend meetings or make presentations in the community as requested by the Program Director, or Chief Executive Officer.
- Assist Program Director or CEO with other duties as assigned.
- Assist with Seasonal programs/Special Events/Children’s Programs as directed by the Program
Director and CEO.
- Maintains compliance with all Chrysalis Ministries, Inc. Policies and Procedures, as well as institutional regulations of assigned work sites.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience teaching life-skills courses
- Experience in working as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Flexibility in work hours and in providing programs and services.
- Ability and desire to work with clergy, staff and volunteers of varying faith backgrounds.
- Ability and stamina to work with inmates/residents/clients with varying physical, mental, and
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently.
- Ability to handle and resolve problems and conflicts and work under stressful conditions.
Willingness to adopt and conform to Chrysalis Core Values: